Food in the Early Years
Good nutritious food is key in the early years. Children must be consciously providing food made with locally grown, chemical free ingredients ensuring with the right blend of all essential nutrients. Waldorf kindergartens encourage healthy and timely meals as part of the daily rhythm. Fruit time is an essential part of the daily routine, followed by sumptuous lunch using local and seasonal produce.
Why Waldorf children are Healthier?
- Parents take children for Nature walks, park, farms instead of Malls and plastic playgrounds.
- Children are encouraged to play on their own with anything available in the environment, this way they do not depend on anyone to engage them. This also doesn’t make the child dependent on watching screens to entertain/engage them. That results in ZERO screen time and more physical play.
- Children are encouraged to play in Nature, all around the year – soil, water, wind, climb trees and breathe fresh air. More physical play helps in better metabolism, children’s appetite increases and they eat well.
- Children are given organic-homecooked-locally grown/ sourced food. Additionally, they eat a good amount of freshly cut fruits everyday.
- Falling ill is believed to be a natural way of fighting antibodies, we let fevers and colds run its course and use natural ways to heal them unless severe.